Motorcycle Training Courses
Daryle Greenizan has been riding mini bikes and dirt bikes since he was a child. He graduated to street bikes at sixteen. He is a patient and funny guy who loves to ride and teach.
Daryle was trained by Kelowna District Safety Council for his motorcycle instructors’ license in 2004. He then produced a course for the one on one student.
We also welcome Duane Wheatley from Kelowna & District Safety Council. He was the chief instructor for 7 years at KDSC. He is a great addition to the team.
ICBC Motorcycle Skills Assessment course
$850.00 + GST = $892.50
7 ½ hours of theory (mandatory) Group
7 ½ hours parking lot training (One on One) & the skills assessment directly after.
3 hours on road traffic training (max 4 riders) Bluetooth communications.
All Weather Driving School has a unique riding course. Combining the best of both ways of teaching. Group and individual training together.
- Classroom theory is in a group setting and is fun and interactive.
- The parking lot practical training is private and taught at your own skill level and ability. Scheduling is done on an individual basis
- Traffic course (max 4 riders). Bluetooth communications makes for a safer ride. (Done approximately 2 weeks after Skills Assessment.)
- Bike included for skills assessment.
One On One Training
$1050.00 + GST = $1102.50
All Weather Driving School provides on the road and/or parking lot training. We have bike to bike (blue tooth) communication which provides you with the confidence and safety that you can talk to us as you need to and you don’t feel alone. We can correct mistakes as they happen. We are the only school in the Okanagan to have this system. No waiting for others. No one else watching you. We do not do any classroom training in this course; strictly riding and discussions on specific topics are done on the course (ie gear, helmets, traffic situations). All questions are answered verbally or shown on the road. The course is set out in two hour blocks and built around your schedule. Training is done on week days and weekends. Call us to make arrangements for the times and days.
Clutch, Friction point
- Brakes – Front and rear
- Instruments – Kill Switch, Speedometer , High & Low Beams, Tachometer, Turn Signals, Ignition, Horn, Fuel supply
- Gears – Gearing Up, Gearing Down, Neutral
Riding, Getting The Feel Of The Bike
- Starting and stopping the bike using front and back brake
- Shifting the gears up and down
- Leaning and turning the bike
- Looking farther ahead (where you want to go)
- Low speed exercises– Straight Line, Circles, Slalom – Cones, Figure 8’s
- MST preparations
On The Road Training
- Usage of mirrors
- Looking out for the other guy
- Lane position
- Hills – stopping and starting
- Traffic problems – be seen by the other guy
- Road test preparations
Prices & Fees
Single Lesson – (2hrs) $200.00+GST= $210.00 Customized to your individual needs from basic to advanced.
- Rental of motorcycle for parking lot skills test and/or road test $200.00 + GST = $210.00 (includes 1 hour warm up).
Full program One on One – Parking Lot and Road (12 hours) $1050.00 + GST = $1102.50 bikes are included for both tests* no extra charges.
*Tests are done separately. (See manual for required times needed)
(Note: Skills test usually takes 15 minutes, Road test takes 1 hour.)